Hero Carers are committed to protecting the Privacy of our Users.
Hero Carers Limited is responsible for processing this data, the address is Unit 6, Quebec Wharf, 14 Thomas Road, London E14 7AF and the email address is: email@example.com
The Website https://herocarers.co.uk (the ‘Website’), is owned and operated by Hero Carers Limited having its registered office at Unit 6, Quebec Wharf, 14 Thomas Road, London E14 7AF.
By using the Website, Users accept that their Personal Data will be treated in the manner and for the purposes described in this instrument. Users are assumed to have read and understood this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy since it is necessary to accept it at the time of initial registration, along with the Terms and Conditions.
The Platform may from time to time contain links to other websites owned by individuals, companies or entities. Under no circumstances is Hero Carers responsible for the content of these websites or for their Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
Data is automatically collected both via information directly provided by Users and via actions completed by Users on the Platform.
Users are informed whether the information is mandatory or voluntary at the time of collection.
By visiting the Hero Carers Website or accessing our Platform, you are accepting and consenting to the practises explained in this policy. It applies to both Care Seekers and Care Givers, and, with regard to transparency provisions according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to other individuals whose data we may process except for our employees.
All your Personal Information shall be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For the purposes of the GDPR, Hero Carers Limited is the data controller, where you are visiting or using our services through our Website or accessing our Platform.
We may collect the following types of personal information (personal data) about you when you use the Hero Carers Website / Platform or when you correspond with us for any reason:
- Your personal information collected when using our Website chat service including your name and chat history.
- IP address.
- Web browser type and version.
- Operating System.
- Contact information such as address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to.
- Photographs of Hero Carers and Care Seekers.
- Financial Information such as Credit and Debit Cards, through Stripe financial services provider.
- Qualifications and Background Checks.
- Nationality and Languages.
We may also receive and store information about you from third parties, involved in or connected to the Care, Child Minding or Babysitting.
We may receive and store information about where you interact with us through social media. This will include personal information that is available on your profile such as; name, work details and location.
Information might be provided directly from you, a third-party hiring platform or job board, when you upload personal information, engaged in social media through the Platform and/or Website.
Hero Carers may collect and store certain information automatically through technology each time you visit the Website or Platform.
Hero Carers and/or our representatives may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Carrying out obligations under our Terms and Conditions.
- Maintaining and Administering the Account you hold with us.
- Providing you with information and services you request from us and other commercial communications.
- Direct Marketing.
- Changes to Service.
- Ensuring that the Hero Carers Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and/or mobile device.
- Authorising payments/receipts.
- Conducting Data analysis, internal/external reporting and troubleshooting.
- Investigating complaints.
- Feedback on Services.
Care Givers, Child Minders & Babysitters
Where you have applied to join or have been accepted as a registered Care Giver, Child Minder or Babysitter on the Hero Carers Website / Platform, you submit personal information to us and for the publication on the Hero Carers Website / Platform and as such we may use your information in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
This personal information may be used in the following ways:
- Contacting you in respect of an application to join the Platform.
- Completing the Registration / Membership process.
- Assessing Qualifications and other information.
- Monitoring ongoing compliance, criminal records information, DBS updates.
- Providing your profile to Care Seekers to facilitate a booking on the Platform.
- Providing you with information regarding job opportunities with Care Seekers.
Care Seekers and Recipients
We and/or our representatives may use your personal information for the following:
- Providing Care Givers, Child Minders and Babysitters with relevant details of the Care previously booked and the records of relevant information.
- Ensuring Care Givers, Child Minders and Babysitters can fulfil your booking.
- Monitoring your on-going Care Services.
The Hero Carers Platform allows Users who are Care Seekers to connect with Users who are Care Givers, Child Minders or Babysitters and provides tools to help facilitate this process. We will retain personal data on Users and from closed accounts for as long as required to fulfil the purposes the data was collected for, including for the purposes of fulfilling any legal, reporting or accounting requirements and to comply with other safeguarding of User obligations/requirements.
Accounts and/or information maybe deleted before account deactivation where we believe it may no longer be active or relevant.
We will disclose information to relevant third parties if we determine that such disclosure is necessary in connection with any investigation or complaint regarding usage of the Platform.
If we believe there is a ‘Safeguarding’ obligation this might include:
- Adult / Child Safeguarding Boards
- Social Services
- General Practitioner (GP)
- Social Services
- Private Consultants
- Hospital Doctors and/or Nursing personnel.
The purpose of the Data collection is to offer Hero Carer Users a secure, optimum, efficient and personalised service.
Cookies are not used to gather Data without the User’s knowledge, but instead to record information on how the User browses the Website which may be directly read by Hero Carers during future visits and requests by the User, for example the page viewed or the date and time at which these pages were browsed.
Hero Carers allows Users to block all cookies. If cookies are blocked, browsing possibilities will be reduced for certain pages of the Website.
Cookies make it possible to recognise Users during their next visit, secure transactions which Users may make on the Platform, register the language spoken by Users and allow Hero Carers to carry out analyses on traffic visiting the Website’s information pages with a view to improving the content thereof.
Cookies are not automatically activated by default, with the exception of the cookies needed in order for the Hero Carers Website and services to function. In accordance with the regulations in force, Hero Carers requires the User’s consent before activating any other type of cookies.
All Users are able to set up their browsing software to block or clear cookies.
Applicable Laws – We are committed to protecting your privacy, and will only use your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, and the enacted version of the Data Protection Bill 2017, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 together with any other laws applicable to the protection of personal data in force from time to time in England and Wales and any related regulations and guidance and all subordinate legislation, regulations and guidance made pursuant to any of them.
You have the right to erasure your data, which you can exercise by means of the deactivation of your account. We are not required to delete the information that we need to retain in order to comply with the Law.
You can exercise your rights at any time by writing to us at our Registered Offices: Hero Carers Limited, Unit 6, Quebec Wharf, 14 Thomas Road, London E14 7AF. You can also email us on firstname.lastname@example.org